Resolution of the Presidium
of the Academy of Sciences
of the Republic of Tajikistan
from «30» January 2012г.
of the State Scientific Institution "Center for innovative development of science and technologies "
of the Academy of Sciencesof the Republic of Tajikistan
I. General Provisions
1. The State Scientific Institution "Center for innovative development of science and technologies” (hereinafter referred as the Center) was established by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan on 26 August 2011, referenced #394 and the Resolution of the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan on 26 December 2011, referenced 140.
2. The Center is a structural unit of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan (hereinafter referred as the AS RT).
3. Scientific-methodological supervision of the Centre is carried out by divisions of the AS RT.
4. The Center is a subordinated to AS RT research organization - an institution of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan.
5. Funding of the Center is fulfilled by the AS RT in accordance with the approved plan of budget financing of the AS RT.
6. The Center has a personal account and bank accounts, including in a foreign currency in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan, a seal with the State Emblem of the Republic of Tajikistan and the remarking of its full name in the state (Tajik) language, a stamp, form and other details of the legal entity approved and registered in an established order.
7. The Center is governed by the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan, Statute of the AS RT, resolutions of the General Meeting of the AS RT, regulations and orders of the Presidium of the AS RT and by this Statute.
8. The Center possesses with, uses and disposes of state property assigned to it by the AS RT and delivered for the management of its operations in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan, Statute of the AS RT and Statute of the Center.
9. The Center on its behalf may enter into contracts, agreements, acquire and use of property and non-property personal rights, be petitioner and be sued in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan.
10. The Center is responsible in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan for the results of its financial activities and fulfillment of obligations to the owner of public property, budget, other legal entities and individuals.
11. The Center is responsible for funds and property acquired from its income-generating activities.
12. Within authority delegated by the Presidium of AS RT, the Center coordinates interdisciplinary research works of the scientific organizations of the AS RT in the field of innovation activities and development of new technologies.
13 Ownership rights to intellectual property and other outcomes of the scientific and technical activities acquired by the Center from the state budget shall be determined in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan.
14. Full name of Center in the state (Tajik) language is ‘Muassisai davlatii ilmii "Markazi innovatsionii rushdi ilm wa tehnologiyai navi" Akademiyai ilmhoi Jumhurii Tojikiston, in Russian - ‘Tcentr innovatsionnogo razvitiya nauki i novikh tekhnologii Akademiii nauk Pespubliki Tadjikistan’ and in English is ‘The State Scientific Institution "Center of Innovative Development of Science and New Technologies" of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan. The abbreviated name of the Center in the state (Tajik) language is MRIITN AI JT, in Russian - TSIRNT, and in English is CIDS NT AS RT.
15. Location and mailing address of the Center: 734063, 299/3 Aini Street, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan.
II. The objectives, scope of activities and major tasks of the Center
16. The overall objectives of the Center is to organize and conduct scientific research works and applied research works in the area of development and implementation of innovative projects and new technologies that are essential for the development of the country .
17. The main purposes of the Center are as follows:
- Conduction and coordination of scientific research works on priority areas of basic and applied science as the basis for the development of innovation;
- Development and implementation of innovative projects that is important for the development of the country;
- Stimulation of the scientific-technical and innovation activity;
- Promotion of the international scientific-technical cooperation in the field of
- Strengthening the links between science and education, participation in
educational activities and training of highly qualified scientific and scientific- pedagogical personnel, participation in publishing and scientific-educational activities;
- Coordination of the collaboration of academic organizations with branch
scientific-research institutes and universities in the sphere of innovation;
- Strengthening of the links between science and industry in order to practically implement the scientific-technical and innovative projects and commercialize outcomes of the scientific-technical activities;
- Development of programs and curriculum on information and communication technologies;
- Development, creation and application of information and communication technologies, usage and development of new areas of computational linguistics, for learning Tajik language and the empowerment of its practical application.
18. In order to achieve set forth tasks the Center shall:
- set up scientific-research projects and programs relevant to its activities and present them to the Council for coordination of research projects for inclusion in the list of projects and programs financed from the state budget;
- conduct basic and applied research works, coordinates the scientific- technical projects and innovation programs;
- within established order, ensure the accomplishment of the resolutions of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan and the Presidium of the AS RT issues pursuant to science, scientific-technical, and innovation activities;
- conduct organizational activities related to the activities of the Center;
- assist to the application of completed research outcomes into practice;
- prepare and submit issues and suggestions related to the activities of the Center to the Presidium of the AS RT;
- participate in drafting of projects, regulations on matters within the competence of the Center;
- perform publishing activities within the jurisdiction of the Center;
- review and make decisions on alteration of specialization of the research subdivisions of the Center and areas of the work, make recommendations on organization of the new units, restructuring or liquidation of existing ones;
- manage activity of the research councils, committees and societies formed under the Center, if necessary, organizes new or liquidates existing ones;
- submit proposals for international and national congresses, conferences and meetings, exhibitions, schools for young scientists, contests of innovation projects and new technologies;
- within the established order, submit to the Presidium of the AS RT applications for employment of young specialists in the Center;
- conduct training courses for the scientific personnel through postgraduate and doctoral programs, internship and works to improve the skills of researchers;
- review letters, proposals, requests and complaints of employees incoming to AS RT, on matters within the competence of the Center, prepare and issue correspondent conclusions and responses to them.
19. Apart from the basic research activities funded in the established order from the state budget, the Center for the resolution of tasks envisaged in this Statute has a right, in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan to carry out the following income-generating activities:
Fulfillment of scientific-research and experimental-engineering activities, including with foreign organizations on the grounds of contracts;
- Designing, production and sale of products (works, services), including experimental designs, installations, equipment;
- Conduction of scientific research works and projects on terms and conditions of the granting agency;
- Development of scientific forecasting-analysis materials, conduction of scientific assessments, testing of technical systems;
- Provision of information-analytical, engineering and consulting services;
- Provision of data-transfer services, implementation of information systems and software;
- Conduction of the scientific and organizational activities (congresses, conferences, symposia, exhibitions, competitions);
- Publication and distribution of printing materials containing the results of scientific activities of the Center, as well as scientific and methodological materials, guidelines, monographs, collections of scientific works.
20. The Center ensures fulfillment of its obligations in protection of the state, official and commercial secrets, envisaged the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan.
21. The Center carries out activities that require licensing and certification having that particular license and certificate.
III. Structure of the Center
22. The Center has an administration formed and acting in accordance to Statute of the AS RT and this Statute.
The structure, size and budget of the Center are determined by the Presidium of the AS
23. The structure of the Center includes research departments, laboratories, groups, experimental enterprises and bases.
IV. Management of the Center
24. The Center is headed by the Director appointed by the Presidium of the AS RT for a period of five years.
Director of the Center is obliged to:
- organize and direct the work of the Center and its Scientific Council, allocates responsibilities among the members of the Scientific Council;
- organize and oversee implementation of scientific-research, experimental- engineering works, assignments and resolutions of the Presidium of AS RT by the Center;
- be reporter at meetings of the Presidium of AS RT on issues within the authority of the Center;
- make decisions on other matters within the jurisdiction of the Center.
25. Director of the Center is responsible for the activities of the Center to the Presidium of AS RT.
Presidium of the AS RT enjoys the right to dismiss the Director of the Center, in case he is not able to cope with the duties assigned to him.
Presidium of the AS RT has a right to repeatedly appoint the same person as a Director of the Center.
26. Deputy Director of the Center responsible for the scientific works is appointed by the Presidium of AS RT by recommendations of the Director of the Center for the duration of five years.
27. Deputy Director of the Center is responsible for implementation of scientific- research and experimental-engineering works in accordance with the established duties.
28. Deputy Director of the Center replaces Director of the Center in his absence.
Presidium of AS RT has a right to suspend the Deputy Director of the Center as
recommended by the Director of the Center, if he is not able to cope with the assigned duties to him.
VI.Scientific Secretary of the Center
29. Scientific Secretary of the Center is appointed by the Presidium of AS RT as recommended by the Director of the Center for the duration of five years.
30. Scientific Secretary of the Center is obliged to:
- perform and supervise the implementation of decisions of the Scientific Council
of the Center and the superior bodies;
- ensure preparation and implementation of decisions of the Scientific Council on the planning and coordination of scientific-research, usage of results of the completed research work, international collaboration and publishing activities;
- carry out logistical arrangements of the Scientific Council’s meetings.
The Presidium of AS RT has a right to dismiss the Scientific Secretary as recommended by the Director of the Center, if he is not able to cope with assigned duties to him.
VII.Scientific Council of the Center
31.Scientific Council of the Center is an advisory body for the Director of the
32. The number of members, Scientific Council’s structure and the date of the general meeting of Center’s members for election of the Scientific Council are determined in coordination with the Presidium of AS RT.
33. Members of the Scientific Council, except for holders of positions such as: director, deputy director, scientific secretary, as well as members of the AS RT profiled on the Center and representative of the trade union organization of the institute and Council of young scientists are elected by the general meeting of the scientific staff of the Center by secret vote. The persons gaining votes of at least half of the attendees shall be regarded as elected incumbents.
34.Personal membership of the Scientific Council is endorsed by the Presidium of AS RT for five years and retains its power until appointment of the Director by the Presidium of AS RT.
35. Changes in the composition of the Scientific Council is affirmed by the Presidium of AS RT as recommended by the Director of the Center.
36. Chairman of the Scientific Council is the Director of the Center, Vice Chairman is the Deputy Director of the Center and Scientific Secretary is the Scientific Secretary of the Center.
Scientific Council of the Center:
- discusses the main areas of scientific activities of the Center;
- reviews draft plans of the scientific-research and experimental-engineering works, training of scientific personnel, implementation of research findings, meetings and conferences;
- reviews reports of the results of scientific and organizational activities of the
- discusses the most important scientific issues, research reports;
- reviews activities related to publishing and release of research papers prepared by the Center, recommends the publication of scientific works of the employees;
- discusses the issues of coordination and creative collaboration with other scientific institutions;
- hears reports of the heads of research departments, heads of research groups and individual researchers;
- discusses effectiveness of international co-operation of the Center and reports of staff on foreign scientific missions;
- puts forward scientific papers for the international and national awards;
- nominates scholars to the award of honorary degrees;
- nominates candidates for full members (academicians) and corresponding members of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- makes decisions on replacement of vacant positions of heads of research departments, main, leading, senior scientists, researchers and research assistants.
VIII.The property and funds of the Center
37. Property of the Center includes buildings, facilities, equipment, appliances, vehicles, communications, computer networks and other assets that ensure functionality and development of the Center.
38. Assets of the Center belong on the possession of the state, the Center shall have rights for assets on operational management and shall be entered on own balance of the Center. The Center within established by legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan order, the Statute of AS RT, possess, use and dispose of property belonging to it on the rights of operational management.
39. Revenues from the income-generating activities of the Center authorized by this Statute go into a separate disposal of the Centre and are used to achieve the goals and objectives envisaged by the Statute of Center in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan.
40. The Center uses acquired through donations and gifts property for the purposes and objectives of the Center envisaged in the Statute in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan.
41. The Center has a right to lease, without the right of redemption on temporarily basis unused by the Center and state-owned property, including real estate, based on the decision of the Presidium of the AS RT and in coordination with state agencies to manage and dispose of state property.
42. The rights of use of land granted to the Center are governed by the land legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan.
IX.Funds of the Center
43. Centre's financial resources are made up of the following:
- state budget funds allocated to the Centre, in order established by the Presidium of AS RT;
- funds received as a targeted funding of research works performed under
government programs of the Republic of Tajikistan, from the public research funds, from grants and subsidies of international and foreign non-profit organizations and foundations and from research competitive and initiative projects;
- voluntary donations and donations of individuals and entities, including foreign nationals and/or foreign legal entities based on concluded agreements, provided that it does not contradict the laws of the RT;
- funds received from leaseholders for reimbursement of expenses related to
maintenance, utilities and the necessary administrative and economic services;
- funds received as dividends from previously purchased bond-like papers and incomes from their sale.
X. Accounting and reporting
44. The Center within established by the Presidium of AS RT order submits reports
on scientific-organizational and financial activities of the Center to the Presidium of AS RT on annual basis.
45. The Center maintains accounting records, prepare and submit accounting, tax,
statistical and other reports in the manner and timeframes established by the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan.
46. The Center ensures compliance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan on
organization of the office work, preparation, execution and storage of official documents.
47. Complex and targeted audit of the Center is carried out by the relevant bodies of AS RT, tax and other state bodies within their competence.
XI.Reorganization and liquidation of the Center
48. The amalgamation, affiliation, demerging, separation and transformation of the Center can be done by decision of the Presidium of AS RT.
49. Liquidation and reorganization of the Center is made in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan.
50. In case of liquidation and reorganization of the Center, rights and interests of
suspended employees will be guaranteed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan.
51. Upon reorganization and liquidation of the Center, all documents (administrative, financial, economic, personnel, etc.) are archived in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Tajikistan.
XII.Procedure for adoption and amendment of the Center’s Statute
52. Statute of the Center is endorsed by the Presidium of AS RT.
53. Amendments to the Statute of the Center are made by the decision of AS